Monday, June 8, 2009

Halelujah Missionaries

I have this friend who I would never have suspected for would be interested in learning about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Lo and behold, she invited me to go with her and some sister missionaries to the Visitors Center on Wednesday!!! I'm so excited. I'm so happy for her. She lives with her mom and her parents are divorced and she has a ton of friends that are bad influences.

Sorry getting a head of myself. My friend is Calista. She and I met in a AA English class in tenth grade. We became fast friends because she was very friendly and she liked the way I acted.

Over the next year we had many MANY religious topics at our lunch table and we'd even talk about politics (We were only 15 go figure). She and I would write together and she'd draw pictures and I'd laugh at the silly nonsense we'd talk about. It was a great time.

But she would swear and talk vulgarly and sometimes I had to leave the table. I started thinking bad things and washed my mind every day. I started to think like her. I was wrong to ever try and change her. I was soooo wrong. But we still stayed friends as she took my beliefs and value seriously.

Towards the end of our Jr. year she mentioned having sister missionaries at her house. I was shocked at first. She was never really religious even in her own faith. But I then became so happy. I was excited that she was learning something about our Church. She is one of my best friends who didn't leave me because we believe different things.

I got an email yesterday that asked if I would like to go the Visitor's Center at the Mesa AZ temple, with her and the missionaries. I was like YES I WILL!!!! I am so excited!!! AND I will be bringing my cousin Laura who hasn't been to church since she was ten. I hope someone will be sparked on Wednesday. I really do. I will still love both of them if nothing happens. I have learned the hard way that you shouldn't have friends with an agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment